Thursday, December 3, 2015

I just got transferred

December 1, 2015

Well I just got transferred to the Olivehurst town in California.  I am really near to Yuba City, and just south of Chico, CA.  I have moved south by about two hours, and yet I am still north of the mission home by about 2+ hours.  There was snow up north, but I don't think there will be any this far south.


First off, sorry for the short email last week. I wasn't in the best of moods. I was a little ticked that I was being transferred, well it took me off guard and I wasn't expecting it.  There was so much to do in preparation to leaving the Palo Cedro area. But there is a lot of work to be done here in my new area of Olivehurst! I love you all and hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving! I sure had an awesome time at the Kahn family house for dinner. We had awesome food and lots of fun!! We played scum for an hour and phase 10 for 3 hours. Yes a 3 hour game of phase 10. It was the first time I've ever played the game but I had a lot of fun! The members put on the football game because they fell that thanksgiving and football go together. (Don't worry I didn't watch anything) the packers played some other team and lost :( Kelly is a big packers fan, so I feel a little bit of the pain he does. So in my new ward, there is a set of Hmong speaking missionaries. They cover pretty much the whole southern half of the mission and they overlap our ward. So they were invited to our thanksgiving feast and had a great time.  I have much respect for them for being able to speak Hmong. It's a very difficult language with 6 different tones and 4 different dialects.

My district is pretty cool. This is my first out of 3 that have sisters. Its different having sisters. I don't want to say its not as fun, but the sisters definitely keep us all in line during district meeting. The other missionaries in our district, are elders Mclerg, and Kirby. Kirby, He's my mission cousin!! Zaugg trained elder Kelly and elder Swanner. Kelly trained me, and Swanner trained Kirby!

It has been a busy week, with the move, and then the holiday.  A lot of adjustments really  quickly.  I will keep you updated.

Love you all,

 

Elder Funley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment