Monday, November 9, 2015

A Letter Home...But I will share it with you



Hey family!!! I just wanted to let you all know how much I love you all! I think I've finally adjusted to mission life! Things are going smoothly and very well! Mom, you say that I never say anything about my trainer/companion, so here's some info on elder Kelly!

He goes home in January and that's kinda sad. But he grew up in Aurora Colorado with 5 sisters! 4 older and one younger! He's 6' 1" and played football all throughout high school. He did track a few years and wrestled for one. He's super funny and we always have a good time.

His plans for after the mission is to go to school somewhere in Utah for engineering.. In his free time he likes to shoot hoops and watch videos of his nieces and nephew. He has one sister on a mission in Virginia and that's the only sister who has served a mission. His parents are both converts to the church but they raised their family in the church. He's a great trainer and a great person. He's just as goofy as I am so we get along super well.

 
Hello Elder Nunley's family! This is his companion, Elder Kelly.

Thanks for raising a great son who works hard and has fun at the same time! He's a great kid and has a wonderful testimony of the gospel. We have a lot of fun together and, more importantly, are able to feel the spirit amongst all our goofiness. I hope you are all doing well. He has many great things to say about all of you and I'm sure someday in the future I'll get to meet you eventually. Have a great week!

 
I'm sorry that I haven't written a personal one in a while, but things have been busy and I haven't had a lot to say! I wanted to tell you that I'm thankful for the restored church and the gospel of Jesus Christ restored through Joseph Smith. A couple days ago, we were at dinner at the Hastings house. They're active members who's children are all grown up and left home. But anyways, he goes to a bible study group on Monday evenings hosted by some other church. And he said that he doesn't want to go anymore because he said that there's too much false doctrine being taught. He said that they don't have all the truth and you can tell, that many people are still looking for more.

It just makes me want to attend the class to teach them what they do not have.

I also wanted to tell you about the Scoubes family! They're an older couple with one kid left at home. He is about 26 and mentally struggles very much.. He's a sweet kid and brother Scoubes is super funny. He's very blunt about things and it's really funny. But she drives a nice new little Honda Accord. And he has an 85 pickup.

Gorgeous little gem that only needs a paint job. He loves it, because everyone loves Toyotas. But she hates the thing and said that when I'm finished with the mission to come back and take it home!

I've been writing down the names, numbers, and addresses of all my favorite families so that when we come back to visit I'll know where they are!

Thank you for family prayers each morning. There was a question asked yesterday in Sunday school. "How can we develop greater harmony in our homes?" I said that each and every morning without fail, that our family said prayers together.

 
Elder Funley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment