Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015


First of all I just want to say that I love you all. Each and every one of you is on my email list for a reason. Each one of you helped me in ways you may never have thought of. You have all shaped me into the person I am today whether you think so or not. I am eternally grateful for each and every one of you.

 I really like it up here for a lot of reasons. One of which is that people heat their houses with wood burning stoves! It's getting into winter now, especially in Fall River, and lots of people have fires burning in their home and each one smells wonderful from the wood being burned. I've been told that the best wood to burn is lodgepole pine. It's easy to cut, it's easy to split, it burns cleaner than most wood, and it just burns really well.

 
I had my first second interview with president Marston on Tuesday and it went really well! He said that my two areas are much overdue for a baptism. So hopefully we'll be able to find a new investigator in the near future! So far we have only 1 investigator between both areas. His name is Doug and we have a hard time finding a time to sit down with him and have a conversation. It's mostly just doorstep conversations because he's just about to leave to pick up his kids. But that's ok. If he doesn't investigate, at least we can plant a seed for the next missionaries!

 It seems like in the past 2 days, it has been brought up many times, the seriousness of anti Mormon literature. No one should read it just because. No one should seek it out. It is all logical and makes sense because we are all simple minded humans. Our small minds cannot grasp the things that God can do. We have to have faith that God knows us, and does everything for a reason. We cannot rely on other men to tell us what our beliefs should or should not be. That's what's so great about this church. YOU pray to know the answers of things. You don't ask another man for the answer of whether or not the Book of Mormon is true. Or whether the church is true. We teach to pray to God for those answers. And God does answer our prayers

Elder Funley

No comments:

Post a Comment