Monday, February 8, 2016

I had to pack up and move.....been busy! February 8, 2016


Hey everyone!!! Sorry I was not able to email last week! I had a ton of stuff to pack up and clean. We had to move out of our beautiful home and into a little apartment in Wheatland California. We did so much service this week and it was great!

So we received a referral this week and have tried contacting her at least 8 times. Each time she answers, she tells us she's busy. That's missionary work I guess!! We've been working with many less active members these past 2 weeks and are trying our hardest to help them kale and keep commitments i.e. Church attendance... I feel that less active members are just as important as investigators.

We had a huge miracle present itself to us last Wednesday! The bishop of the Olivehurst ward called us up and told us about a family I have never met before. The Martinez family. She has 2 kids in their early teens. Neither are baptized, but both actively attend church/ mutual, and have been for quite a few years. The mother is divorced and the father has partial custody of the kids. He does not want them getting baptized. But recently, he has not been paying child support and the mother is working on full custody so that the kids can be baptized!!!

Things have been way hectic these past few weeks. We had to move out of our apartment in Olivehurst down into Wheatland. We are now living in the southern most part of the whole zone. We are so far away from everyone now haha.

All is well here in the California Roseville mission. I apologize for not being able to email any of you more recently. I love you all and keep you all in my prayers.

 
Elder Funley

No comments:

Post a Comment