Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 18, 2016

Wow what a week!!! Planning a baptism was much more stressful than I imagined. II didn't realize how many things actually go into a baptism! I didn't want to talk a lot about it last week because everything was going so smoothly and I didn't want to jinx anything!

But let me tell you, the baptism went very smooth!! (Except for the little fiasco with Jose) Elder Fife came down from Chico and hung out with us for a little before the baptism. He preformed the ordinance and it was great!

Yesterday, Sunday I had the privilege to confirm Donna in sacrament meeting. It was so spiritual and wonderful. I blessed her for a few things, like her health and then when we took our hands off her head she was crying. I know that she was feeling the spirit as strongly as I was. It is so comforting knowing that Donna is making important covenants with our Heavenly Father.

We did a little work in Wheatland last Wednesday and met one of the only investigators in the area. Her name is Maryellen and she's an awesome old lady. She's been investigating for years, has been taught all the lessons, and has been waiting for her husband to pass away to get baptized.  Her husband passed in October, so now me and Tomlinson are coming in to finish the job! She has a funny parrot named lulu that loves the missionaries (except for when you don't share your candy with her. Then she gets mad and bites at you.........) she loves giving people kisses and is a super funny bird.

Well, I kinda did my email backwards where I bore my testimony first haha. I love you all and pray for you continually! Take care and be safe!

Elder Funley

No comments:

Post a Comment