Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas from Elder Funley


Guess what happens this week!?!? CHRISTMAS!!! I love Christmas so much. It's such a wonderful time of the year. It's especially great because I'm on my mission!! I am able to appreciate the meaning of Christmas so much more now that I'm serving the lord 24/7! I'm so super excited to skype my family. This is my first Christmas away from home and I feel like a little kid again! I've never been this excited!!

We were so fortunate as to be able to put someone in date this week!

We picked up a new investigator 2 weeks ago and were able to teach her the restoration Tuesday and invite her to be baptized! She was very enthused about the whole thing and we were able to put her on date for the 16th of January! She has no word of wisdom issues of anything like that and she's super awesome! She told us that there's a void in her life and she's been thinking that it's religion. The way we met her was through a member in the feather River ward. His names Jose and he attends our weekly Book of Mormon class. He has told us about his friend Donna and we've been trying to meet with her since September.

So us being able to meet with her has been a blessing of it's own. And then putting her on date for baptism!?! Wow!!!

We invited her to church yesterday and she said that she would love to come. The only problem is that she doesn't have a car. So we thought about what we could do and came to the conclusion that Jose can take her! We called up Jose and and asked if he could take her. He agreed and we were super stoked! So Sunday rolls around and they never showed for sacrament. 15 minutes till sacrament des, we get a call from Jose saying that he's stuck at donnas house and his car won't start!!

(Should have bought a Toyota) so we were sad about that, but there's always next week!

This Sunday there were a lot of less active members that attended sacrament. I don't know if it was just because yesterday was Christmas Sunday. But there were 3 less actives that attended! It was good to see them there taking the sacrament and renewing their baptismal covenants.

 
Here's some pictures of me, Fife, and our beautiful Christmas tree!!

No comments:

Post a Comment